I managed to save this Aria 5102T pickup from a rewind this morning.
After pulling it apart I started with the usual measuring, inspection and unwinding of coils but quickly found the insulation on the lead wires from the coils were deteriorated. It's a common problem on these old Japanese pickups.
After some time with my magnifying lamp and steady hand I managed to repair the small lead wires and reattach them.
As I've said many times in my blogs about pickup repairs and rewinding, I'd much rather repair an old pickup and keep it original if possible. Sometimes it takes longer and is more work than a rewind but this pickup is glued back together and is still all original.
Now onto that Univox bass pickup.