On the bench

On the bench

I FINALLY got this '65 Matsumoku guitar done and dusted after I needed to make a whole new bridge pickup for it.

I removed the dead pickup, and the owner came and took it back to play it while I worked out how to fix the original pickup. The original paper bobbin was unusable, and we were VERY keen to keep the guitar looking and sounding as original as possible.

I wound a new coil, attached the original metal insulated wire and fitted it into the original base so the original cover could be fitted to give the impression of it never have been touched. 

This was obviously a lot of work for a guitar like this, but I think it's well worth the effort to keep something like this hopefully lasting another 60 years. 


Back to blog

Leave a comment