John Coltrane - Mono Vinyl Box 6x12 inch
Includes mono versions of the following albums:
- Giant Steps
- Bags & Trane (with Milt Jackson)
- Ole Coltrane
- Coltrane Plays The Blues
- The Avant Garde (with Don Cherry)
While John Coltrane first gained attention for his revolutionary "sheets of sound" technique, it was the deep spirituality of his music that really made his recordings as a bandleader such classics. The albums he recorded for Atlantic in 1959 and 1960 represent the heart of his legacy.
This box set gathers Coltrane's mono recordings from the Atlantic vaults to be released as a 6LP set with a 7" vinyl single.
- Packaged in an elegant hard-bound box.
- Fully remastered in glorious mono.
- Original studio albums in glossy tip-on LP sleeves, replicating the original artwork and labels. Giant Steps (1960), Bags & Trane (1961) with Milt Jackson, Ole Coltrane (1962), Coltrane Plays The Blues (1962), The Avant Garde (1966) with Don Cherry.
- One LP of outtakes.
- A replica of the original "My Favorite Things Part I & II" 7" single, a hit for John Coltrane in 1961.
- A 12" x 12" 32-page, perfect-bound booklet, with period photos by Lee Friedlander and liner notes by Grammy-winning jazz writer Ashley Kahn.